Our popular Biggleswade course has been running for four years and is currently taught by Jess at The Orchard Centre on Kings Reach.
The Orchard Centre is a community hub for Biggleswade and runs many popular classes for a range of different interests including pregnancy yoga. It’s a comfortable space for the course and is easily accessible for residents of Kings Reach and the surrounding area. It’s located in the centre of Kings Reach in Biggleswade, nearby Sainsbury’s Local meaning it’s just a couple of minutes walk for most residents and it’s easy to get to from all other areas of Biggleswade. It’s five minutes in a car from the A1 making it really accessible for surrounding villages. Parking is available.
This course is 15 hours long and taught over six evening sessions. We believe it is the most comprehensive birth and early days parenting preparation course in the area. It is a full birth education and, unless you choose to, you shouldn’t need to book on any further birth preparation courses. The cost is £290 per couple which includes our course manual, 11 hypnobirthing MP3’s and all course materials. Complimentary hot drinks and snacks are provided.
Those attending our Biggleswade course will learn:
- Hypnobirthing Techniques to help you eliminate fear and anxiety and approach your birth feeling calm and confident.
- Breathing, visualisations and deep relaxation techniques to help you stay comfortable and fully in control during your birth.
- How to use movement and positioning to help your baby move through the pelvis more easily, including specific techniques to turn a back-to-back baby.
- Massage and pressure points for labour.
- Everything you need to know about water birth.
- Your options, choices and rights and how to get the most out of your maternity care
- Information on inductions and caesarean birth and how to have a positive experience when medical intervention is needed.
- How to create the perfect birth environment and what to pack in your hospital bag.
- How to create a useful birth plan.
- How to stay calm and in control when things are not going to plan.
- What birthing women need and how to be an amazing birth partner.
- What to expect from the early days and weeks of parenthood and how to cope with the transition.
- Everything you need to know if you are planning to breastfeed – the most common pitfalls, how to avoid them and where to get the right kind of support.
In addition, you will:
- be introduced to a group of people expecting babies around the same time as you.Helping to build your support network for parenting. Helping to build your village.
- get access to on an online support group of BirthSense parents and parents to be
- be part of a WhatsApp group for your course to ask any questions and share information, arrange meeting up and to stay in touch even after the course has completed
- receive remote support from me, Jess, your teacher and birth doula, right up until you have your baby